lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Friday, April 16, 2010

Quack, Quack Cock a Doodle Do...

Quack, Quack Cock a Doodle Do!  If you know the song that comes from, chances are you have little ones are little grandones and have had to make a costume for them.  This weekend, I have to make a chicken costume for my eight year old.  He is most unhappy about being a chicken in the school play!  At least he isn't the only chicken and maybe he can find comfort in chicken misery.  This production is going to make for some great "blackmail" pictures of him down the road.  Hahaha!  So, I'm looking around on the net for chicken costume ideas because everybody I've asked does not have a chicken costume...go figure.  I saw Martha Stewart's chicken costume and I think that is going to be my inspiration if I can find some white or yellow boas today (that don't cost an arm or a leg...its okay if they cost as much as a chicken leg!)  Keep posted to see the final product and the embarrassing pictures of my little chic! 


Do you have any costumes that you have made?  I'd love to see/hear about 'em!

4 comments:

  1. My mom made my sister the best red rooster costume for a play ...She will be comin round the mountain when she comes. We will kill the old red rooster when she comes. It was the hit of the play. Wish I had pics. I do know she used yellow leg warmers for the legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will be so cute!! I was a chicken myself in an elementary school play. My mom made my costume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - and my line was "we'll scratch, Mother." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo is the cutest thing! Great inspiration! Thanks for visiting....love your blog!

    ReplyDelete