lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dear Mother...

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  I had a  great Mother's Day complete with handmade gifts from my boys, breakfast in bed from my hubby & boys, and sweet cards from my hubby and his mom.  I am well loved! 


Excuse the boys in their skivies & me before make-up &my hair brushed...it was so bad I came back to edit this post w/a smiley over my head!  (The tiny bed is the bed in Parker's room and I slept w/him the night before because he was restless.)  Look at that great breakfast, on fine china & crystal! 



The "Dear Mother" picture that I used in my Mother's Day decor this year has been in the family for ages. On the back of the picture written in faint pencil reads, "From Mildred & Jessie, May 10, 1942."  Mildred & Jessie are my late grandparents.  They gave the framed print to my grandfather's mother for Mother's Day.  It feels special to be able to display it some 68 years later.  

Mom, I wished you were here today.  We visited your graveside today.  The almost five years you have been gone seem like an eternity.  I hope you knew how much we all loved you so!  


Dear Mother...
All happy greetings 
And wishes unmeasured
To a very dear Mother
Who'll always be treasured! 

No comments:

Post a Comment