lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Orange ya glad for great Dads?

Father's Day is almost here, so the boys and I are working on a gift idea.  We are going w/an "Orange ya glad" theme.  Our idea is this:  we are going to give their dad, my husband, a gift basket filled with oranges, orange slices candy, an orange polo shirt and a framed print of the above picture.  We will post photos of the project in the next couple of days.  Meanwhile, I want to share w/you how I created the above photo.  I used the editing tools on the Picnik site, http://www.picnik.com/.  It is awesome!  If you haven't ever used it, check it out.  Once you upload a photo, you can do all sorts of editing techniques like turning a picture into a puzzle, making funny distortions, changing colors, add text or stickers, and much more.  With my photo, under the "Effects" tab, I went to "Colors" and selected an orangish color.  Next, I went to the "Stickers" tab and under "Basic", I chose speech bubbles.  You can change the size of them to fit the needs of your photo.  After that, I went to the "Text" tab and typed in what I wanted the speech bubbles to say.  There are tons of neat fonts to choose from.  Finally, saved the photo and then uploaded it to my Walmart photo account for printing.  My only problem was the Walmart site gave me a warning message and stated that the resolution of the picture wasn't high enough.  So, I'm not sure how to fix that, but I just went ahead and ordered it for nine cents...if it comes out terrible, I won't lose much. 

I will say that I think my boys have the best Dad!  Growing up without a dad around, I know not to take his presence for granted.  He provides for our family and loves each one of us unconditionally.  Most importantly, he is the spiritual leader of our home and leads us down a Godly path.  We are truly blessed to have him in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment