lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Sunday, September 12, 2010

4th of July?

Yes, I know it is well after the 4th of July, however I am finally getting around to posting some of our 4th pictures.  We didn't do anything too exciting, we stayed close to home and watched a local fireworks show.  It was a great show and the boys really enjoyed it.  It was of course very hot!  This summer has been terribly hot w/about two and a half months worth of over 100 degree temperatures.  You know it is bad when the car temp gauge is saying 112 degrees outside or 98 degrees at 9 p.m.!  I hate the heat!  Every year I threaten to move somewhere where the temperature is milder.  It is now September 12 and it is still reaching close to 100.  It looks like maybe another week or so of these crazy hot days. 



Parker's first fireworks show!  He did fine.  I was afraid it would scare him because we were really close to the action, but he wasn't afraid at all.  Ryan's first fireworks show was in Pittsburgh, Texas and he was about the same age as Parker and it did scare him!  I can still remember Jaron, baby Ryan and me sitting in the back of Jaron's blue pickup in lawn chairs watching the fireworks until Ryan started SCREAMING!  For the life of me, I can't remember Cannon's first firework show right now.  His first year is really a blur for me since I was dealing with the death of my mom.  :( 









Look at Ryan and Cannon's long hair!  It had gotten so long.  It was sooo cute, too.  We cute both their hair a little shorter before school started.  Not too short, though! 


Parker's face was still really broken out w/his eczema.  Nothing would clear it up.  Thankfully, it finally went away after our beach trip...I think the sun and salt water cleared it up. 


Cannon says, "Great Fireworks, dude!"

No comments:

Post a Comment