lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Burlap Wrap



Hobby Lobby has great sales! I found this picture on their 90% off aisle for $4.49! Yea. I wasn't sure at the time what I would do with the picture, because it doesn't at all go with my taste, but I liked the bones of it. So, finally I came up with the idea to dismantle the picture, by removing the four tiny canvases on the top and wrapping all in burlap. Because we are going with a beach theme in our master bedroom, I hot glued sea shells on the burlap. I think the pictures would have looked really nice with some design stenciled on them. I've got another canvas type picture in our house that I'm going to wrap in burlap next and stencil our last name on it. Now that I have done this craft, I'm seeing all kinds of canvas type pictures at Goodwill and such for like $1 that could easily be wrapped and turned into something cool.   A cheap, easy, and good looking craft!




You can see from the back the smaller canvases were screwed on.  So, I broke out a couple of tools and took them off, easy!

Next, I just took the burlap and wrapped the five pieces like presents and hot glued the corners together.





This post wouldn't be complete w/o me showing you how I work...MESSY!  I'm so bad.  I make a mess whenever I go, especially if I'm being creative.  I was working on about five projects at once.  This got bad enough for me that I moved my work into the kitchen (instead of just picking up).  :)  One of these days I'm gonna be a neat freak...hahaha!

Time to clutter another spot.  :)


Next, I just picked some shells and hot glued them on.





The finished smaller canvases.  I think they will look good hanging in the bedroom next to the larger canvas.  One of these days I'll get around to actually hanging them. 

The finished larger canvas.  I love the simplicity of the shell on the large canvas. 


As always, I had some little hands helping me with this project!  Parker so wants to peel the shells off and eat them I'm sure since he wants to put everything in his mouth these days. 

Parker says he thinks you should wrap something in burlap, but not a baby!  :)

Check out two of my favorite weekly blog parties!

1 comment: