lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Football Players and a Grizzly Bear

What to be for Halloween was quite the debate this year.  Ryan wanted to be a vampire.  He told me the costume would be "simple" with a tuxedo, cape with a red lining, and vampire teeth.  After looking at WalMart, he was most disappointed to see the one piece stretchy vampire costumes and decided they looked too dorky.  Yea! 

So, Ryan decided to be a football player.  Cannon got jealous of Ryan's football player eyeblack and changed out of his Buzz Lightyear costume and put on his football jersey and pants as well.  They were really cute with their outfits matching their Daddy's football team. 

Manna picked out and bought Parker his first Halloween outfit.  He was a Grizzly Bear...a friendly one.  :)  He didn't have eyeblack, but I did use eyeliner to make bear spots on his cheeks. 

We went trick or treating with our coaching friends the night before Halloween in the small town they moved to and had a blast.  We so enjoyed seeing them and spending time with them again!  Halloween night the boys went trick or treating in the neighborhood close by.  A special treat, Dad got done w/his coaches meeting and was able to do several houses with the boys. 

They made a haul on candy.  Bad news is we ate almost all of it!  Terrible parenting, I know.  At least the children didn't eat all of it, the adults had their fair share.


No comments:

Post a Comment