lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Sunday, February 13, 2011

Last Minute Valentine Mantle

I decided to do a little last minute Valentine's Day decorating last night.  I had the idea in my head for a few weeks, just didn't have the time to do it.  My inspiration was my Pawpaw's slide ruler (I salvaged from a junk pile at his house after his passing) that I shaped into a heart.  I hung it from my existing empty frames on the mantle.  I liked the "measuring" part and decided to continue the theme.  I made a sign that says, "You are loved beyond measure!" 

Happy Valentine's Day!  I am loved and love my sweet boys and husband.   Here is the rest of the mantle.

I really like the ruler in the shape of a heart.  I think I'm going to leave it that way year round.  Thanks pawpaw for it! 


I took my sewing tape measure and wrapped it around the sign to continue the theme.


The red feather boa was from Ryan's chicken costume.  :)  Reuse, reuse, reuse!


Look closely and you can see the "stems" for these hearts are rulers.  I took one and cut in half for the smaller two hearts and used one whole one for the big heart.  I placed them in Ball jars filled with buttons from my mom's old button box. 


Ryan made this Valentine for his family.  I love it!  It looks so nice displayed on the mantle.




Two of hearts...enough said.  I love this little red egg server w/hearts on it.


We are loved beyond measure by Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior! 

1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Your little creations are so cute and I am sure I will be trying to copy several of them!!

    ReplyDelete