lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day

We have had five snow days in the past two weeks where we have missed school and had temperatures in the teens.  It was such a blessing to have the time at home, because I got sooo much done.  I cleaned out closets and was able to get rid of a ton of stuff.  I'm trying my luck w/selling the baby items on Craigslist for now.  Unfortunately, all of that cleaning meant that I didn't get around to doing my Valentines decorating this year.  Bummer!  I'm going to post my pictures from last year's Valentines.

Cannon asked to buy a little heart shaped box of chocolates for a girl in his kindergarten class.  He is so sweet.  When I asked him if this was his girlfriend, he said no and that he just can't decide which one to pick.  He said there were too many pretty ones.  :)  I'm afraid he is going to break lots of hearts.  Ryan would rather stick needles in both of his eyes than get a girl chocolate....I wonder how much longer before that changes.  :) 

Jaron and I are not  planning on doing anything special this year for Valentines, but I hope he knows how much I love him!  We just celebrated 12 years of marriage and we've been together for 18 years...that's more than half our lives!  We have so much fun together.  I know I am so blessed to have such a good husband that takes care of his family and is such a strong spiritual leader for our home. 













No comments:

Post a Comment