lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Football Chair



Usually every year, I try to make at least one gift for the boys.  I love the old fashioned Christmas feel of making gifts instead of buying feels.    This year, I decided to recover an old chair that I bought for $5 some years back.  I went with a football theme to go in the new gameroom. 

Here are a few of the ugly before pictures of the chair.  Despite it's dingy brown fabric, it has some really good bones and tough springs...I have a few scars from trying to redo the springs. 




My little helper!  Good thing he can't talk clearly yet, so the chair was able to be kept a secret until Christmas morning. 

I found a sheet set at a local thrift store for $4.50.  It was a vintage NFL logo sheet set.  Perfect for what I had in mind!  I took the fitted sheet and cut it up to cover the base of the chair.  It was a simple upholstery job where I just folded the fabric in place and stapled gunned it down.  On the top portion of the chair, I used a pillow case cut up.  I love it because it has a full figure of a football player in action.  This required a little bit of sewing on the sides to give it a neat appearance, but again, it was very simple stitching. 

Tonight during one of our nightly Foosball matches, Ryan said, "Mom, that chair you made is really nice.  I sit in it every afternoon after school."  Awww, that means the world to me.  Sweet boy.

I'll have to post pictures of the gameroom soon.  We've gotten a ton of enjoyment out of it already!

Check what's going on at the Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors!

No comments:

Post a Comment