lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Friday, January 6, 2012

Vintage Cowboy Frames

Parker's room has a vintage cowboy theme.  I was really pinching every penny when I decorated it because at the time we had just bought an old house that needed a ton of renovations and had the expenses that come with a new baby.  I will do a later post with all the craigslists finds that were amazing deals that made his nursery so cute.  In this particular post, I'm just going to show how I took some frames I picked up at a tag sale for a couple of dollars and turned into a vintage cowboy frames. 

First I used pages from a book that I picked up at Goodwill for $1.  It had some really fun cowboy stories in it that I ripped out.  I just arranged the pages on the frames and used some leftover wallpaper paste as my decoupage medium (I use elmer's glue, diluted with water, most of the time as my decoupage medium).









Once I finished applying the pages to the star frame, I stamped Parker's baby hand in paint and got a hand print on some brown bag paper. 

For the other small frame in Parker's changing table area (a closet I took the door off of and place a dresser w/changing pad on top), I placed a photo of Parker from his one year photo shoot.  Lillian took the pictures and they turned out awesome.  We did several western style ones so I could hang them in the nursery.  He made the cutest darn cowboy I ever did see!



Parker is holding my Papaw's cowboy hat in this picture with his little cowboy boots on looking at some horses in the background. 



A neat addition, all for less than $10!   


Check out all the cool stuff going on at the Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors!


3 comments:

  1. Yet another issue is video games are normally serious naturally with the principal focus on
    knowing things rather than amusement. Although, it
    comes with an entertainment factor to keep the kids engaged, just about every game will likely
    be designed to develop a specific expertise or course, such as instructional math
    or research. Thanks for your write-up.

    Check out my web-site: millionaire dating

    ReplyDelete