lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Thursday, March 25, 2010

A Messy Cook...




I am a messy cook. I can't help it. I'm not happy unless every bowl is out and all my spoons are dirty. Whether it is cookies, cupcakes, or potroast, I create a diaster. I like to think that the messier the cook = the yummier the dish!

I have a great husband that will often come in after my culinary messiness and straighten up. He's a good man!

Here is a link to a super messy/yummy creation my two older boys and I made. http://www.cookiemadness.net/?p=5953 These are called Compost Cookies. You clean out your pantry and turn it all into a cookie! The boys had a great time rounding up sugar cones, marshmallows, pretzels, cocoa puffs, cinnamon toast crunch, chocolate chips, and fritos for our compost. I wonder what ingredients will you find in your pantry? I've started a ziploc bag in my pantry to dump the last bits of cereal in a box, crackers, etc. for the next batch of cookies.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment