lovey dovey

I love my family!

I am a wife, mother of three beautiful boys, and a middle school administrator. At times, I have mistakenly tried to achieve perfection in each role. These attempts always fail miserably because there is no such thing as a perfect wife, a perfect mom or a perfect worker! I decided to relinquished my pursuit of perfection…I can say without guilt that my shortcomings are vast and my mistakes many. Embracing my imperfections and turning my life over to God has been freeing and led to a sweeter life. I found that when I quit trying so hard, that SOMETIMES things magically fall into place and for brief moments I am “Supermom.”







Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Shoo shoes!

Our family of five has fifty toes, ten feet, and million pair of shoes!  It is as if all the shoes have gotten together and decided to go through mitosis.  We have shoes under the beds, by the front and back doors, in the "shoe closet", in the regular closets, by the couch, hanging from the ceiling fan, in the microwave.  Okay, maybe not the last two locations, but it seems that they are everywhere!  This weekend, my faithful helper, Ryan & Cannon, gathered just the shoes out of the shoe closet and lined them up.  I made the task into a matching game for them and they loved it!  I went through the shoes that didn't fit those every growing little boy feet and tucked them away for little brother.  Here are just a few of the shoe matches.  I'd say this is about 1/4 of the shoes that live in our house.  We need to let go of our packratting ways and get rid of more shoes! 

3 comments:

  1. thats unbelievable!!! and none are YOURS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats crazy. . . it's got worse in the mudroom. there is now a metal flat piece (that goes under yourself when working under the car). . . the entire thing is filled with shoes! it's insane. and yes, all my shoes are in my locker. ..but all three boys' shoes are everywhere!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete